Saturday, December 15, 2012

Book Review: Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

My Rating: 5 of 5 stars


Publication Date: October 2nd 2012 by Harper

Blurb: Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.


My Review:

Pre-read Review:

from summary: ".......from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate,Warner." Obviously HarperCollins is unaware of the existence of readers like me who love Warner even though he's a villain and practically made Juliette's life hell. :P

Post-read review:

Okay,so I won't be lying.Despite the fact that it's just an in-between novella,I totally like Destroy Me waaay more than Shatter Me,and the main reason for that is most probably Warner.Tahereh Mafi should just change the entire series to Warner's P.O.V instead.He's a lot more fun to read about.But that's just wishful thinking,just like the way I want Adam to dig his own grave and Warner to end up with Juliette. So to sum it all up,I feel that my reactions after reading Destroy Me would be best described in point form.:

1)
A whole lot of fangirling(as you've probably figured out by now) along with a bit of swooning(and by bit, I mean A LOT.)

 2)Hating Adam for stealing away Warner's spotlight.**Don't worry Warner,if Juliette doesn't want you,I'd be more than willing to have you all for myself. ;)**

 3)Upon seeing the release date of Unravel Me:
   
OH WHY OH WHY DOEESN'T HARPERTEEN SEND ARCS INTERNATIONALLY?! :'(

4)Feeling bad for poor Warner.He deserves Juliette a lot more than Adam ever did! >.<

5)Sticking my tongue out to an imaginary Juliette.

 So basically I turned into this really freaky emotional baggage until my mum came into my room and yelled at me for making such a ruckus at two a.m and took away my e-reader.People can be so heartless. **sniffs**. =(

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Seriously your mom had to take your e-reader at 2 am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True to every word,my friend.But probably because I fell off my chair which made a lot of noise and also made my mum rush to my room.She didn't even ask me if I was hurt.Just yelled at me for being up so late on a school night and took away my reader. *pouts* :(

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!You are absolutely about to make my day! :)
I really appreciate feedback from my readers on every single one of my posts but please keep in mind that Daydreaming Bookworm is an award free zone. I used to accept blog award tags before but now I really don't have the time.Sorry!